mercoledì 20 luglio 2011

Doodling a start


I've been wondering about creating a blog for a very long time. 
Finally, I decided to do it, not only because I wanted to share my work to other people, but also because I wanted to keep a diary of my tiny creative production.
How did this production start? I can't answer properly. I've been influenced from a lot of things, from folk art to contemporary art, from fairytales to reality. Every single piece that I realized has a long story behind, which started a long time ago, even before the object was even conceived. Many ideas, that were left behind for years, found a realization, and materials, that I build up because I loved the texture and their colour, found a place in a creation.

Tonight I start this blog by showing one of my last sold dolls. 
Its name is Frida the painter, and was obviously inspired by the hispano-american painter, whose work always fascinated me. 
As all of my dolls, it was realized in air dry modeling clay, and was painted with acrylics. Legs and arms can move and are connected by elastic thread. 
The hair is made from mohair wool and clothing has been realized from vintage fabrics of different kinds, that I chose for their color and their texture to recreate the particular style of the character represented. I wanted to join contrasting colours to create an interesting balance, taking cue from traditonal mexican costumes. 

It's a bit sad departing from a piece that I really loved creating, but it's also nice to think the fact that other people will own it. A new story beginning.

♥   ♥   ♥

Ho riflettuto sulla possibilità di aprire un blog per molto molto tempo. 
E alla fine, mi sono decisa. Non solo perchè volevo diffondere il mio lavoro, ma anche perché volevo creare una sorta di diario per la mia piccola produzione creativa. 
Come è cominciata questa produzione? Non saprei dirlo di preciso. Sono stata influenzata da molte cose, dalla folk art all'arte contemporanea, dalle favole alla realtà. Ogni pezzo che ho realizzato ha una storia che è cominciata molto prima che venisse concepita. Molte idee che sono rimaste in disparte per anni hanno trovato una realizzazione, e materiali che ho accumulato perchè mi piacevano alla vista e al tatto, hanno trovato posto in una creazione. 

Stasera comincio questo blog mostrandovi una delle ultime bambole che ho venduto. 
Si chiama Frida the painter, ed è ovviamente ispirato dalla pittrice ispano-americana, il cui lavoro mi ha sempre affascinato. 
Come tutte le mie bambole, è realizzata in pasta per modellare, asciugata all'aria e dipinta con acrilici. Le gambe e le braccia sono semovibili e collegate con del filo elastico. 
I capelli sono stati realizzati con lana mohair mentre i vestiti sono stati cuciti a partire da tessuti vintage di diversa natura, che ho selezionato in base al colore e alla texture per ricreare lo stile del personaggio. Ho voluto accostare colori contrastanti creando un equilibrio interessante, prendendo spunto dai costumi tradizionali messicani.

E' strano separarsi da un pezzo che mi è piaciuto creare, ma è bello pensare al fatto che apparterrà ad altre persone. Una nuova storia che inizia.









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento